Is this you?
- You are a flexible, hardworking individual, with a proven background in customer service.
- You hold a full UK driving licence, including Class 1.
- You are commercially aware, understanding HGV products and showcasing demonstrations.
If so, we'd love to hear from you...
What Will You Be Doing?
As a Driver Trainer with Imperial Commercials, you will provide support to the Truck Sales Team in all aspects of truck sales vehicle handling.
This will include:
- Assist the Sales Team in general on a daily basis with demonstrations and vehicle deliveries.
- Follow up all demonstrations and deliveries to offer ones knowledge and experience in any format necessary to perform the specific job purpose of this role
- To ensure that before any interaction with prospects / customers that all administration is available; relevant documents are prepared and completed on time
- To engage with the end user regarding DAF check if the vehicle has an aftersales package. Features, benefits and access to be discussed and implemented.
- Support National Driver Training Events and Vehicle Handover Events when required.
You will also need to provide full sales support to the Area Sales Manager and the the Sales Team, to maximise their customer facing time.
Who Are We Looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven track record of working in a heavy goods environment
- Excellent all round communication/customer service skills
- Previous experience in a HGV Handover, HGV Sales or HGV Driver Trainer role
A valid, current Class 1 licence is essential in this role.
What’s In It For You?
When you join Imperial Commercials, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving £££'s at high street stores, on-line and in supermarkets
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team.
Who Are We?
With a network of 30 Dealer Locations across the United Kingdom we are also the largest DAF Trucks Dealer Group in the UK & Europe with 27 DAF Trucks/TRP Locations. We have 14 ATF sites, able to carry out DVSA MOT’s on Commercial Vehicles.
Our Manufacturer partners are: DAF TRUCKS, ISUZU TRUCKS, MAN TRUCKS, RENAULT TRUCKS, IVECO, VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, FORD, FIAT PROFESSIONAL, ISUZU PICK-UPS and LDV VANS.
We are committed to supporting HGV and LCV operators to the highest standards, maximising vehicle uptime. We offer a wide range of Service and Parts solutions to suit the varying needs of both individual vehicle users and Fleet operators. Our intention is to provide vehicle and aftersales packages on an efficient, value for money basis.
Many of our locations offer extended hours providing flexibility and optimising vehicle availability. We are committed to continuous technical training for both sales and technical colleagues including a substantial Apprenticeship Programme which currently has over 60 apprentices in training.
Imperial Commercials is a subsidiary of Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd., itself part of Motus Holdings Limited, a diversified (non-manufacturing) South African company centred on the automotive sector and founded initially as a single car dealership in 1948. Today, it is a business listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, turning over close to £4.5 billion and employing some 18,300 people across its operations in South Africa, the UK and Australia.
Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd. manages the automotive interests of Motus Holdings Limited in the United Kingdom. These include 112 vehicle franchise outlets at 68 locations: truck and van operations number 84 franchise outlets; passenger vehicles, 28 franchise outlets. The business additionally operates two specialist commercial vehicle body shops and has further interests in parts and service facilities and commercial vehicle equipment supply.
Motus Holdings (UK) Ltd. operates the UK’s largest independent commercial vehicle dealer group and, with its passenger vehicle interests included, ranks inside the Top 15 of all UK automotive dealer groups. The company has annual revenues of over £1 billion and employs almost 3000 people across its operations.